Prevention is better than cure

Blogs Notes

Every year during the winter season a number of families in Pakistan suffocate to death due to keeping the gas heaters on for the whole night during sleep and it is so mainly because the majority of our population is unaware of the precautionary measures needed to avoid losses while using gas heaters.
Gas heaters release emissions such as carbon monoxide directly into the room, increase the level of indoor pollutants, which can potentially harm your health including a high incidence of respiratory symptoms.
Gas heaters also consume oxygen while burning, causing lower amounts of oxygen in the room if not properly ventilated. Poisoning can also result due to leakage of gas heaters accidentally in close rooms.
Some people are more susceptible than others to suffer health effects such as heart disease patients, asthmatics, pregnant ladies, children and elderly, explained Head of Community Medicine at CMH Lahore Medical College Professor…

View original post 529 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.